right footer display problems

  • From: Kostas Oikonomou <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: right footer display problems
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 18:29:04 -0500

I'm using 1.99.14, and I just realized that the behavior of TeXmacs that I am accustomed to has changed.

For example, when I type $a*b, the right footer of the window (using Emacs look and feel), displays, as my cursor moves, "math" "a", "*", "b".   With 1.99.14 (and later), this happens *only* when I enter this formula for the first time.  When I go back over the formula, nothing is displayed.

Same behavior even with plain text: if I type "formula", the right footer displays the letters as I type them, but if I put the cursor at the "f" and go over the word again, nothing is displayed.  I don't think this was the way TeXmacs used to behave.

Is it perhaps some new setting that needs to be enabled/changed?

                            Kostas

  • right footer display problems, Kostas Oikonomou, 11/30/2020