Re: [SPAM] Re: pb export .tex

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: pb export .tex
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 14:29:43 +0000

On 23.04.21 15:10, Vincent Douce Mathoscope wrote:
- sometimes if pb the instruction "Expand user-defined macros" (that must be somewhere) may be useful
- for the moment i have 2 solutions :
a) i can try to make some specifications like you if i create new macros ans need a .tex export
b) i can go on working as usual waiting that the bug be corrected

In this case the failing export was due to a macro definition making the converter crash, I think. If you select "Expand user-defined macros" (copying from the TeXmacs documentation at http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/manual/webman-convert.en.html) "all macro definitions in your document will be ignored and all macro applications will be expanded." (I looked for this after your post ;-) )

So if the only point at which conversion fails is the definition of a macro, "Expand user-defined macros" will allow the conversion to succeed; maybe this is the solution that you want to apply.

You find "Expand user-defined macros" under Edit->Preferences, then tab Convert and then tab LaTeX

On the other hand, I would first verify if the export works with "Expand user-defined macros" off, because it is quite likely that there are just a few macro definitions where it fails, and having macro definitions converted makes the exported LaTeX file easier to read.

question : how can i assign a macro to a shortcut ?

There is a Scheme function called kbd-map. In *my* opinion it is better to start another thread for that, because it will be more clear.

G.