Re: Putting space in Math mode

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Putting space in Math mode
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 23:25:48 +0100

On Tue, Sep 07, 2021 at 02:25:26PM +0200, vincent douce wrote:
> véry useful in my opinion would be space tab for \; in maths mode
> so that space tab space space space... would extend finely a long space,
> useful in "tableaux de variations" (but please see also my other mail on
> this topic)
> vincent

There is already A-space (emacs look and feel, C-space for mac look and feel,
etc.)
to insert tiny space. You may press it several times to produce a larger
space.

> > Le 31 août 2021 à 19:47, Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden> a écrit :
> > For example
> >
> > <assign|implies|<macro|<space|0.6spc>\<Rightarrow\><space|0.6spc>>>
> >
> > and adjust the spaces to your liking. Use Paste from -> TeXmacs to paste
> > in your preamble.
> >
> > G.
> >
> > Am 31.08.2021 um 03:30 schrieb Michael Shea:
> >> Well it is not that TeXmacs does not put some space before and after
> >> \implies, but it looks like it does not put as much space. The first
> >> expression below was generated by TeX for Gmail which is based on LaTex,
> >> and the second is a snip from TeXmacs. I must say I do like the LaTeX
> >> version a little better. I am not sure how to modify TeXmacs to get the
> >> same result though, but I suppose someone here will.
> >>
> >> a ⇒ b
> >> <image.png>
> >>
> >> On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 1:54 PM Qaqish, Ameer <address@hidden
> >> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
> >> In Latex we can type $a \implies b$ and it will render with extra space
> >> before and after the \implies symbol. However, in Texmacs no space is
> >> added. What is the proper way to add spaces there? So far, I have
> >> resorted to adding text boxes with 2 spaces before and after the
> >> \implies symbol.

In TeXmacs, there is a small space before and after relation symbols.
When using the 'wide-spacing' package, you will have a far larger space
around relation symbols, especially in displayed formulas.

Best wishes, --Joris