Mogan Editor v1.1.1: A faster GNU TeXmacs using the KDE Breeze Icons

  • From: Darcy Shen <address@hidden>
  • To: "texmacs-users" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Mogan Editor v1.1.1: A faster GNU TeXmacs using the KDE Breeze Icons
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 09:43:21 -0700

Download now from Github:

The TeXmacs fork (Mogan Editor) is not trying the separate the community. Mogan Editor is doing many experiments like:

  • Using Qt 5
  • Using CMake
  • Using MXE (Octave is using MXE)
  • Using S7 Scheme
I (with other contributors) made many improvements and bug fixes (to be honest, I may introduce new bugs) on Mogan Editor.

Mogan Editor 1.1.1 is compatible with GNU TeXmacs 2.1.2. And you can install Mogan Editor v1.1.1 along with GNU TeXmacs.

Mogan Editor 1.1.2 will be released in 2023.

In the last two months of 2022, I will try to contribute back the good part we made in Mogan to GNU TeXmacs.

If you are using Mogan Editor, do not hesitate to tell us in this thread: the most attractive features/bug fixes of Mogan compared to GNU TeXmacs.

I will try to submit patches and discuss with Joris or other GNU TeXmacs developers to improve GNU TeXmacs.