Re: Mogan Editor v1.1.1: A faster GNU TeXmacs using the KDE Breeze Icons

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Mogan Editor v1.1.1: A faster GNU TeXmacs using the KDE Breeze Icons
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 22:29:51 +0100

Dear Zoltán,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 08:59:31AM +0100, Kovács Zoltán wrote:
> I continued my work on my book
> <http://prover-test.geogebra.org/~kovzol/courses/logik-22ws/Logik-7.pdf> on
> logic and I am starting to get more familiar with TeXmacs! I like it and
> the output is very nice.

It indeed looks nice ;^)

> 1. External sessions (like Mathematica, Bash) do not work, I cannot even
> leave the input part of the session field by using the arrows, only the
> mouse. I guess the communication between TeXmacs and the external process
> hangs. The same happens in Mogan. I get a segmentation fault in the
> background. (I use Linux, Ubuntu 22.04.)

We got some reports about problems when TeXmacs is being built
with certain versions of Qt. I have not yet had time to deeply
dive into this matter, but it is being investigated.

> 2. I would like to attach a LaTeX file (and render it automatically)
> without importing it as a separate file. Is this possible?

I just tried 'Insert -> Link -> Include' and it worked.
Of course, this only works for LaTeX files that import without any errors;
also, there might be problems with active content such as references or
citations.
Still, I guess that conversion to a TeXmacs file is probably better.

> 3. I like the keyboard shortcut presentation from the tmdoc class and I
> would like to import it in my tmbook class which I use for my book. Is this
> possible somehow?

Yes, you can simply use some of the tmdoc-* style packages.
E.g. 'Document -> Style -> Add package -> Documentation -> doc'.

> 4. I would like to split the title in more rows. If I do that, the PDF
> export will not add a white space between the rows and it looks ugly. Can
> this be improved somehow?

M-; (emacs look and feel) can be used to insert a new line.
You typically want to use a 'running title' too in that case for the page
headers.

> 5. After an external session I always get an indented paragraph. (Sometimes
> I prefer to keep the next paragraph unindented because it belongs to the
> session.) Is this intentionally so?

That depends on the style. You could hack the 'render-session' macro and
insert a 'disable indentation after'. Or manually disable indentations
whereever appropriate.

> 6. Is there a way to draw a frame around an inserted figure automatically?
> Thank you for any hints in advance!

Sure, that could be done by hacking the 'render-big-figure' macro.

Best wishes, --Joris