Re: Mogan Editor v1.1.1: A faster GNU TeXmacs using the KDE Breeze Icons

  • From: Kovács Zoltán <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Mogan Editor v1.1.1: A faster GNU TeXmacs using the KDE Breeze Icons
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 08:59:31 +0100

Dear Joris and the TeXmacs experts,
I continued my work on my book on logic and I am starting to get more familiar with TeXmacs! I like it and the output is very nice. Thank you all for the hard work on producing such a great application!
Here are, however, a couple of things that are difficult for me and I couldn't figure out how I can resolve them:
1. External sessions (like Mathematica, Bash) do not work, I cannot even leave the input part of the session field by using the arrows, only the mouse. I guess the communication between TeXmacs and the external process hangs. The same happens in Mogan. I get a segmentation fault in the background. (I use Linux, Ubuntu 22.04.)
2. I would like to attach a LaTeX file (and render it automatically) without importing it as a separate file. Is this possible?
3. I like the keyboard shortcut presentation from the tmdoc class and I would like to import it in my tmbook class which I use for my book. Is this possible somehow?
4. I would like to split the title in more rows. If I do that, the PDF export will not add a white space between the rows and it looks ugly. Can this be improved somehow?
5. After an external session I always get an indented paragraph. (Sometimes I prefer to keep the next paragraph unindented because it belongs to the session.) Is this intentionally so?
6. Is there a way to draw a frame around an inserted figure automatically?
Thank you for any hints in advance!

Best, Zoltán

--

Dr. Zoltán Kovács, MSc

Institut Ausbildung

Private Pädagogische Hochschule der Diözese Linz
Private University of Education, Diocese Linz
Salesianumweg 3, 4020 Linz
Mail: address@hidden

Web: www.ph-linz.at