Re: Getting started & navigation problems

  • From: Basile Audoly <address@hidden>
  • To: Dmitry <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Getting started & navigation problems
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 08:08:40 +0200

Hi Dmitry,

Nothing inconsistent here: moving the cursor requires clicking and not just
hovering the mouse.

> 1) At the very beginning I read in Help -> Getting started :
> Please move the cursor inside this piece of bold text. You will
> observe a cyan box that appears around it
> But when I hover over the bold text, the cyan frame does not appear.
> It appears when I click on the text. And nothing changes in the status
> bar until I click somewhere. Does it change somewhere in the settings?

TeXmacs has two modes: one in which different files are loaded as buffers in
a single window. Another one where files are loaded as different windows. The
former is probably default in ubuntu, and the latter in macOS. You can switch
mode in the preferences (I forgot the details).

I am not aware of any hotkey for switching between buffers/windows and I miss
it too. My recollection is that tabs are buggy in Qt and this is the reason
why they are not used.

Is TeXmacs returning to beginning of the file because your cursor stayed
there? What happens is you move the cursor elsewhere and switch buffers back
and forth? I am not saying that what you get is normal behavior, I am just
trying to understand.

Regards,
Basile.