Re: maxima compiled against clisp and TeXmacs

  • From: Daniel Duparc <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: maxima compiled against clisp and TeXmacs
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 17:59:47 +0100

Le Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:41:07 +0600
"Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden> écrivait :

> Hello,

Hello!

> Please, replace the line
>
> exec maxima -load "$TEXMACS_MAXIMA_PATH/texmacs.lisp" | maxima_filter
>
> in the script /usr/libexec/TeXmacs-<version>/bin/tm_maxima by
>
> exec maxima -load "$TEXMACS_MAXIMA_PATH/texmacs.lisp" | tee ~/log0 | \
> maxima_filter | tee ~/log1
>
> and send log0 and log1 to me as attachments (log0 can contain ctrl-chars).
> I'll have a look.

With the above script there is a better output:
the beginning is now printed under TeXmacs (why ?)
but there is no (C1).
In the log files there _is_ (C1)!
Please see theses files + the _real screen_ where there is _no_ (C1)
under the file invite.tm (TeXmacs file).

> I only have Maxima compiled with GCL. If the problem is specific to CLISP,
> it will be difficult for me to reproduce it.

Of course, but it may be interesting for you to compile
maxima under clisp. See beyond.

> By the way, does CLISP
> understand -load ? I have CLISP on my computer, but I don't know how to
> compile Maxima with it. If you explain me how to do this, I'll experiment
> with CLISP Maxima.

Here is the method given bt Cliff Yapp is his
beginning "Maxima User's Manual" :

1. gunzip (or bunzip2 or...) your source tree somewhere,
for example in
/usr/local/maxima-5.6-16
2. cd /usr/local/maxima-5.6-16/src
3. for newer versions of clisp (e. g. 2.27.1) you need to change
two lines in the file compile-clisp.lisp :
(lisp:gc) -> (ext:gc)
^^^^ ^^^
(lisp:saveinitmem "maxima-clisp.mem" -> (ext:saveinitmem "maxima-clisp.mem"
^^^^ ^^^
4. run the following commands:
make clisp-compile CLISP=clisp
make maxima-clisp.mem CLISP=clisp
make test-clisp CLISP=clisp
(I've got error messages for the last command)

5. you can leave everything in place and then create
the following script in /usr/local/bin (chmod a+x)
with the name maxima if you want it by default
with that name (beware: the script for maxima (compiled against
gcl) is yet in this directory).

#!/bin/sh
export MAXIMA_DIRECTORY=/usr/local/maxima-5.6-16
exec clisp -M ${MAXIMA_DIRECTORY}/src/maxima-clisp.mem

6. there is another script proposed for xmaxima
but it does not work form me:

#!/bin/sh
export MAXIMA_DIRECTORY=/usr/local/maxima-5.6-16
exec ${MAXIMA_DIRECTORY}/bin/xmaxima -lisp clisp

Best regards.
--
Daniel Duparc <address@hidden>
29 av. de la Commune de Paris