Running headers and text in formulas

  • From: Michael P Friedlander <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Running headers and text in formulas
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 15:15:35 -0800

I'd like to use TeXMacs to write the exam for my class. Two questions:

1. How can I get running headers similar to those generated by the LaTeX
package fancyhdr? I'd like to see something roughly like this at the top
of each page:

Left Just. Text Centered Text Page 1 of N

2. In each displayed equation (and on the same line), I'd like to have some
text flush left and text flush right on either side of the equation. It
would be ok to have the text in the margins, similar to LaTeX's \marginpar
command. What's the best way to do this?

TeXacs looks great so far. I'm a heavy LaTeX and Emacs user, but this
looks like just the thing to break that habit.

Thanks for the help.

--Michael