Bibliography problems

  • From: "Anthony W. Juckel" <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Bibliography problems
  • Date: 26 Nov 2001 09:36:50 -0600

I'm having a rather strange (I hope) error when trying to add a
bibliography to my document. Now, if I export the document as LaTeX
then manually generate an .aux file, run bibtex, re-run LaTeX, I get the
correct output. But, if I just run Document->Update->Bibliography, I
get nothing in my TeXmacs window. I've looked at the temp.aux file,
which seems completely bare compared to the test.aux file I get when
running LaTeX manually (all the file contains is \bibstyle and
\bibdata. There are no \citation or \bibcite records in the file
whatsoever. I've tried manually shutting down TeXmacs, removing the
temp.aux file, restarting TeXmacs and re-generating the bibliography,
but that doesn't work either. Again, let me say that when I simply
export the file to LaTeX and run everything manually, I get the correct
output. Does anyone know what could be going wrong here? Why aren't my
citations (Insert->Link->Citation->Visible) being added the the temp.aux
file? Is there anything I can do to get it to work properly, or do I
just have to run LaTeX manually?

Anthony W. Juckel
TeXmacs 0.3.5.0 (Debian unstable)