RE: footnotes in section

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: RE: footnotes in section
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:05:39 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 address@hidden wrote:

> > > I think there is a small bug in the numbering scheme for footnotes when
> > > they
> > > are introduced in a section (they received the same number as the
> > > section)
> > > but it is such a nice feature anyway !
> >
> > I have been unable to reproduce this bug.
> > Would it be possible for you send a small file which demonstrates the bug?
>
> Here it is...

Hmmm, I think that you should avoid putting footnotes inside section titles.
Indeed, if you put a footnote (or a label) inside a section title,
then this footnote (or label) will reoccur in, say, the table of contents.
Therefore, it is preferrable to put footnotes, labels, etc. just after
section titles.

-Joris-

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor