frustration

  • From: Volker Wysk <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: frustration
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:32:22 +0100 (CET)

Hello

I'm trying Texmacs 0.3.5.8-1, the Debian package, but it seems like it
doesn't like to run. When I start the program, it exists after a few
seconds. If I type something, it instead asks "Not all files are saved. Do
you still want to leave?" every few seconds.

Also, the text of the menus is very small. I'm using a resolution of more
than 100 dpi on my screen. Is there any way to change the menu fonts? I
couldn't find any documentation on how to customize anything.

When I add a document title (insert/title/title after choosing
document/style/article), I get a colored "<title|..>", where I can insert
the title. But after pressing the Enter key, this disppears out of sight,
and no title appears.

Any ideas what's up? I'd really like to try it out, because otherwise it
gives me the impression that Texmacs might be a sound structured text
processor.

Volker