Re: new users

  • From: Nirmal Govind <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: new users
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:44:14 -0500

In general, the behaviour of the \ puzzles me. When I type \int in math I
would expect to get an integral, but I get into hybrid mode. What is this?
I probably missed it in the documentation. Can anyone give me a hint?

I'm also new to Texmacs, but I think what you're missing is the $ key. When you hit $, TeXmacs switches into Math mode and then if you type \int followed by a Return you will see the integral symbol. To switch out of Math mode, hit $ key again.

How do I stop an environment? I can start a theorem environment for instance,
but I seem to be unable to stop it.

I tried this out.. after you're done with the Theorem, if you hit Esc and follow it up by hitting right arrow twice, it goes into an "expand theorem" mode but this seems to switch out of Theorem mode and back to normal text mode. I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it though... I checked the tutorial but couldn't find anything on this there...

nirmal