Re: Adding key-bindings

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Adding key-bindings
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:30:54 +0200

On Monday 01 April 2002 17:11, Yoel Callev wrote:
> 1) When I edit my $TEXMACS_HOME_PATH/Init.scm, and add a new key binding
> to it, must I restart Texmacs to check the result? Isnt there anyplace
> where I can define key-bindings on runtime?

The session created by "Insert->session->scheme" gives you access to the
GUILE interpreter of TeXmacs. That is a great place to experiment, and
especially to define keybinding during a work session, as they are needed.

Note that the user interface settings are application global, so you can use
a separate buffer for GUILE interaction and immediately use your
customizations in other buffers.

By the way, you must know that the name of the user init files has changed in
TeXmacs 1.0.0.1 (just released):

# Init.scm and Init-buffer.scm have been renamed to init-texmacs.scm and
init-buffer.scm (1.0.0.1).

> 2) How can I how to reference to menu commands? e.g. how can I assign a
> key to, say, adding numbered equation?

The right place to look at is in $TEXMACS_PATH/progs, where $TEXMACS_PATH
should look like "/usr/share/TeXmacs-1.0".

There you will find the scheme definition of (almost) all key bindings and
menus of TeXmacs.

> 3) Can I refer to already defined key bindings? (e.g. let C-M do what
> happens when you press C-N and then C-L).

Yes, you can use the emulate-keyboard command. See
$TEXMACS_PATH/progs/keyboard/latex.scm for examples of usage.

> I couldnt find answers to any of these questions in the documentation.
> any advice or source of relevent docs?

AFAIK those features are not obviously (if at all) documented.

A very good source of relevant documentation is the $TEXMACS_PATH/progs
directory. More precise information can be found by readind the source code
of TeXmacs. If you want help for reading the source code, you can come chat
in #texmacs in irc.openprojects.net.
--

-- David --

  • Adding key-bindings, Yoel Callev, 04/01/2002
    • Re: Adding key-bindings, David Allouche, 04/02/2002