Re: Spanish Translation of Introduction to Maxima using TeXmacs

  • From: Pablo "Aranarth" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Spanish Translation of Introduction to Maxima using TeXmacs
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:39:07 +0200

On Mon, 01 Jul 2002 00:31:49 -0500
address@hidden wrote:

> Hi Juan Pablo,

Hi Offray! It's just Pablo, not Juan Pablo.

> Tnx for the translation. I am also a member of the maxima mailing list
> and I think that this is a valuable work for spanish speakers. At this
> moment the people on the maxima list is preparing the version 6.0 for
> maxima and also they are writing the Maxima Book. The work of
> documentation behind Maxima Book is stoped now, because the developers
> are more focused on debug, testing, and discution on the ver. 6.0. But
> encourage you to take a look of the maxima book ( I forgot the url but
> you surely can find it on the Maxima home page). Your help/comments
> would be very nice.

Yes, I'm a member of the mailing list too but my maxima knowledge level is
just average. I'll take a look at that book and see if there's any help
wanted.

> About the translated document I think that in the first example in the
> section "Calculo" the document starts defining a function then you
> diferenciate respect to x and then you integrate it respect to x. The
> intregral looks very different from the original primitive function. May
> be would be nice some algebraic manipulation to show how both functions,
> the originaly defined and the last one obtained with integrations, are
> the same (except from a constant), in the say way that is made in the
> "Algebra Lineal" section for the matrix and its inverse.

Yes, I'm sure that would be good for the document, by mine is just a
translation with some notation extras (basically, all maxima functions are
noted by () ). I don't know if I should make those other changes.

Maybe I could, hmm..., write an alternate document with a lot of changes so
that there're no copyright issues? I could then isert some other references
to TeXmacs itself and the Maxima interface...

OK, I'll se what I can do.

Thanks for your answer!
Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz
elenya.net | alqua.com