environments/blocks

  • From: Mario Mommer <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: environments/blocks
  • Date: 20 Sep 2002 10:58:17 +0200

Hi!

First of all, I want to congratulate the authors of TeXmacs for such
an impressing piece of software. It is very, /very/ good. The
mathematics editing facility is superior to anything i have seen around.

I have a couple of questions regarding formatting environments.

Suppose I have an enumeration

1. green
2. blue

and I want to change it to

i. green
ii. blue

How do I do this? Marking the text and using insert did not work. Of
course, in this example it is easy to cut & paste, but...

A related problem is: how do i dissolve a block? Suppose I have marked
a bunch of text (including enumerations, for example) and changed the
font. After a couple of days or weeks i decide to revert the
change. The text will still be together in a block, so that if I
change the global font at a later date, it will not permeate this
part. Are there currently easy solutions for this sort of thing?

Regards,
Mario.

  • environments/blocks, Mario Mommer, 09/20/2002