Re: GNU Octave m-files for TeXmacs

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: GNU Octave m-files for TeXmacs
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 23:36:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, michael graffam wrote:

> Hello everyone, please forgive the breech of
> netiquette, but I have attached a tarball of my work
> on the GNU Octave / TeXmacs interface. It is very
> small, just 4k so, again, please pardon the intrusion.

I am very sorry for the late reply; I am very busy at the moment...

> I would very much appreciate feedback from TeXmacs
> users about the interface.

I got your interface working more or less. Two points:

* I had to change octmacs to tm_octave in octave.scm

* I do not understand where to put the *.m files
so that they will be used in order to produce
the formatted output

Please give us some help on these issues.

What should I do with Andrey's interface?
Does it have similar functionality as yours,
or should some of his modifications in the source
be applied too?

Best wishes and thanks a lot for your contribution, Joris

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage