Re: GNU Octave m-files for TeXmacs

  • From: michael graffam <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: GNU Octave m-files for TeXmacs
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:39:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
wrote:

> I am very sorry for the late reply; I am very busy
> at the moment...

Thats ok, so am I. I replied to this before, but I
don't know if it went through, so I'm sending it
again.

> * I had to change octmacs to tm_octave in
> octave.scm

I'll fix that -- I originally named the script octmacs
but then changed it to tm_octave to me more in-line
with the TeXmacs conventions.

> * I do not understand where to put the *.m files
> so that they will be used in order to produce
> the formatted output

Anywhere in your Octave path will work, or you can
'cd'
into the directory where the scripts reside and
execute them that way.

At the octave prompt you can just type

"cd some/directory"

x=[[0,1];[1,0]];
tmdisp(x)

to get formatted output of the desired matrix.
You can do the same for structures, etc.

> What should I do with Andrey's interface?
> Does it have similar functionality as yours,
> or should some of his modifications in the source
> be applied too?

I haven't used Andrey's interface yet but I suspect
that
we should use that along with my m-files (unless
someone has a better idea for TeXmacs output, of
course :).

> Best wishes and thanks a lot for your contribution,

My pleasure -- I hope to provide some updated scripts
along with a new m-file to produce Octave plots inside
TeXmacs buffers soon.