Re: comments and AMSsymbols

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Bas Spitters <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: comments and AMSsymbols
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:16:41 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Bas Spitters wrote:

> - I sometimes want to make an annotated version of a document and print the
> annotations only when I set a switch/variable. Usually these annotations
> are
> just blocks of text, paragraphs say.
> In LaTeX the comment package is very useful for this. Is there a way to do
> this in TeXmacs?

You can define a function "comment" with one argument which shows up
as nothing for one style (or package) and which shows up as a comment
for another style (or package).

> - I want to include special AMS symbols. Like \models for instance. Is
> there a
> way to do this?

Type "| =", but I agree that I should add the symbol "models".

David: can you put this on a page "short term tasks for Joris"
on the Wiki, together with your remaining suggestions about the menus.

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage

  • Re: comments and AMSsymbols, Joris van der Hoeven, 10/04/2002