Re: TeXmacs crashes in presentation-mode with KDE 3.0

  • From: Stéphane Payrard <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs crashes in presentation-mode with KDE 3.0
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:53:47 +0200

On (13/09/02 15:02), Amit Dubey wrote:
> From: Amit Dubey <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: TeXmacs crashes in presentation-mode with KDE 3.0
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:02:21 +0200 (MEST)
>

> Hi,
>
> I'm also using KDE 3.0, but TeXmacs doesn't crash
> right away. However, when I scroll from the bottom to
> the top of the presentation, the crash is so bad that
> I have to reboot.

I know at least one (unrelated case) where emacs recurses
indefinitively.

To protect you from blocking the computer, especially if you are
running as root you should use ulimit to define maxima for resources
used. Many shell (like bash) allow to do this.
A good place is your texmacs starting shell.

> -Amit
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > when I click on presentation-mode in KDE 3.0 TeXmacs 1.0.0.16
> > crashes. With top I can see that it is actually running.
> >
> > In an other wm (ion) it works.
> >
> > Ciao!
> > juh
> >
> > --
> > 68 in der CDU
> > http://www.sudelbuch.de/1999/19991222.html

  • Re: TeXmacs crashes in presentation-mode with KDE 3.0, Stéphane Payrard, 10/04/2002