Re: Segmentation fault

  • From: Pierre-Henri Jondot <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Segmentation fault
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:09:11 +0200

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:47:42 +0100
Nick Hopton <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm new here and new to TeXmacs.
>
> So, before I start to tell you about my problem, I'd like to say, first
> and foremost, how much I appreciate the great efforts of people who
> write and freely publish programs like TeXmacs.
>
> I've downloaded and installed TeXmacs-1.0.18 twice, once as an RPM and
> once as a source file. In both cases, when I start TeXmacs it appears to
> load satisfactorily, but after I've been using it for a few minutes it
> crashes with a 'segmentation fault' message. This is using Mandrake 9.0
> on an Athlon-based PC.
>
> Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem?

Edit the configure script and get rid of optimization, by adjusting the
CXXOPTIMIZE flag. The problem lies, it seems, in the gcc 3.2 optimization
engine...

It will be a bit slow, but it will work without segfaulting...

Another possibility is to use the provided staticly built texmacs binary
from www.texmacs.org.

--
Pierre-Henri Jondot <address@hidden>
Page perso : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/phj