Re: Segmentation fault

  • From: Nick Hopton <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Segmentation fault
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:11:45 +0100

In a recent message <Pine.GSO.3.96.1021021215052.3479D-100000@anh>, Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> wrote.

I've downloaded and installed TeXmacs-1.0.18 twice, once as an RPM and
once as a source file. In both cases, when I start TeXmacs it appears to
load satisfactorily, but after I've been using it for a few minutes it
crashes with a 'segmentation fault' message. This is using Mandrake 9.0
on an Athlon-based PC.

You mean that you use the RPM provided by Mandrake,
or the one from texmacs.org?

I used the RPM from Mandrake to start with and after that I compiled from the source at texmacs.org.

What I've done now is to download and install the RPM for TeXmacs-1.0.0.19 from texmacs.org and this is just fine.

Up until now, I've been using another fine program, LyX, but I think that TeXmacs will suit me better.

Thanks to all for the help.

Regards,
Nick.

--