Re: Movement in words/equtions at the end of a line.

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Movement in words/equtions at the end of a line.
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 01:43:18 +0100

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 03:23:22PM +0200, Yoel Callev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I get to the end of the line, TeXmacs sometimes cuts a word in the
> midd-
> le and puts its' end on the next line (as demonstrated here in the word
> "middle").
> When this happens, and I try using the arrows to move back the the
> begining of
> the word, the cursor stops at the end of the previous line, and I have
> to use the
> mouse. The same applies for in-line equations.

Actually, there is two problems:

1. vanilla (graphical) cursor motion does not line wrap. That is a
known problem and it will be fixed some day.

2. in some situations, the cursor will appear at the end of line N-1
while it should appear at start of line N. An easy way to
reproduce the problem is to use a very long inline equation

> Should such a report be put here or on the wish list?

Preferrably, this kind of misbehaviour should be reported on the bug
tracker on Savannah, where it is harder for us to forget.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=texmacs

You can also post wishes there, and use the appropriate bug group.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org