Responder: Re: I want to help with localization of TeXmacs, and a little help

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Responder: Re: I want to help with localization of TeXmacs, and a little help
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:14:14 -0500

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
De: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
Fecha: Martes, Noviembre 26, 2002 9:43 am

> [...]
> By the way, please let us continue this discussion on
> the developers mailing list address@hidden.
>
> Great. Notice that you can get an account on savannah
> (http://savannah.gnu.org/) and upload translations using CVS.

Thanks Joris for your quick answer. Ok, before moving the discussion
to dev-list and start to using CVS I send the translation as attached
files, because my dial up conection is really bad, so I'm afraid I cant
connect later today, and with this conection all things always take a
lot of time like suscribing my email to dev-list. (I need also some time
to learn how to use CVS).

> The presentation mode works fine, except with certain window managers.
> I use the standard window manager for Gnome under Redhat 7.2.
>
> > In case that TeXmacs can be used for presentation how can I
> insert a new Slide?
> > How can I pass from one slide to another?
>
> It would be good if someone could write a short help page on this.
> Roughly speaking, you
> 1) Start a new "switch" in an empty buffer.
> 2) Type your first page.
> 3) Insert a "new branch after".
> 4) Type the next page
> 5) Repeat 3 and 4.
> When finished, you may navigate in the different branches
> using F9--F12. So a "switch" is a piece of markup which hides
> all its children except one. You may change the visible child
> using the keyboard. Notice that switches maybe used in
> a recursive way. Notice also that you should always be careful
> to keep your cursor inside the switch. Text which is written
> outside the switch will be visible on all "slides".

Ok thanks again. I will use it now for alll my presentations. By the
way, nice to see the Gnu/TeXmacs animal on every title in the new
documentation. Every time gets better writing on TeXmacs :)

Cheers,

Offray

  • Responder: Re: I want to help with localization of TeXmacs, and a little help, offray . luna, 11/26/2002