urgent help with page numbering

  • From: "Jacob Perkins" <address@hidden>
  • To: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: urgent help with page numbering
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:38:55 -0600 (CST)

Is there any to tell texmacs (with article style) where to start page
numbering? Or alternately, how can make the table of contents subtract
one from the page number entries? This is on a deadline, so I'd really
appreciate any help before 1AM CST on Monday Dec. 2.

details:
I'm writing a proposal with a slightly modified article style
(modifications are just to the headers, and indentation for a
subsubsection). I need to have a title page, executive summary, table of
contents, list of figures, content. I want the content section to start
with page 1. Ideally, I'd like the executive summary, toc, and lof to be
numbered i,ii,iii,etc. But for simplicity, all I need to do is have the
toc (which is its own page) pretend it is page 0 or subtract one from each
entry so that the content is listed as starting on page one.

Thanks for any help