Package for Offray's tesis

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Package for Offray's tesis
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:30:02 +0100

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 03:21:52AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> I will read/translate the styles docs tonight trying to understand
> about syles a create a apropiate one for the headers footer and so
> on. Meanwhile a little question ¿How Can I spacify that the page
> number is on the footer?

Well, as a documentation contributor, I guess you earned a bit of
extra support :-)

Let us summarize what you want to do:

1. On all pages: do not display the page number in the header, and
instead display it in the footer.

2. On pages ending within a non-numbered section: Do not display any
header text.

3. Other constraints: sections start a new page. Actually using chapter
would be more appropriate, but for some reason you prefer to use
section.

Note: there is something weird going on... why is there "seccion 7"
(the last section) in the header of the first pages?

I designed a package that you should in addition to article style
which does all this.

Also there seem to be some interaction between the page breaking
primitives and setting 'this page header/footer'. Indeed, 'this page
header/footer' must be set BEFORE a 'page break' or 'new page'. So you
should use the 'empty page' value defined in this stylsheet (using the
hybrid '\' command) instead of

<format|new page><assign|this page header|><assign|this page footer|>

I see you use empty lines for formatting. You should use vertical
spacing elements instead. You may want to factor 'page break before'
and a 'big skip before' inside the 'u-section' and 'section' macros.
You can do this easily by putting those in the 'section extras' macros
in this package.

I designed the package to place the headers and footers at places
convenient for a bound, recto-verso printed document.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org

<\body>
  Display the page number on all pages in the footer

  <assign|odd page footer|<format|no first
  indentation><htab|5mm><quote|<apply|thepage>>>

  <assign|even page footer|<format|no first
  indentation><quote|<apply|thepage>><htab|5mm>>

  \;

  Do not display the page number in the header (modified from
  header-article.ts)

  <assign|odd-page-text|<func|s|<assign|odd page header|<with|font
  size|0.84|<format|no first indentation><htab|5mm><with|font
  shape|small-caps|<apply|s>>>>>>

  <assign|even-page-text|<func|s|<assign|even page header|<with|font
  size|0.84|<format|no first indentation><with|font
  shape|small-caps|<apply|s>><htab|5mm>>>>>

  \;

  Unnumbered section which sets the header

  <assign|u-section|<macro|x|<expand|section*|<arg|x>><apply|odd-page-text|<arg|x>><apply|even-page-text|<arg|x>>>>

  \;

  Add features to section and usection

  <assign|compose-macro|<func|m1|m2|<hold|<macro|x|<expand|<release|<value|m1>>|<expand|<release|<value|m2>>|<arg|x>>>>>>>

  <assign|section extras|<macro|x|<arg|x>>>

  <assign|u-section|<apply|compose-macro|section extras|<value|u-section>>>

  <assign|section|<apply|compose-macro|section extras|<value|section>>>

  \;

  Make an empty page

  <assign|empty page|<inactive|><assign|this page header|><assign|this page
  footer|><format|new page>>

<\initial>
  <\collection>
    <associate|preamble|true>
    <associate|paragraph width|150mm>
    <associate|odd page margin|30mm>
    <associate|shrinking factor|5>
    <associate|page right margin|30mm>
    <associate|page top margin|30mm>
    <associate|reduction page right margin|25mm>
    <associate|page type|a4>
    <associate|reduction page bottom margin|15mm>
    <associate|even page margin|30mm>
    <associate|reduction page left margin|25mm>
    <associate|page bottom margin|30mm>
    <associate|reduction page top margin|15mm>
    <associate|language|english>
  </collection>
</initial>