Re: [Q] navigating a TeXmacs buffer

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: Leo <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [Q] navigating a TeXmacs buffer
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:14:49 +0100

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 03:10:31PM -0500, Leo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> TeXmacs has great hypertext capabilities.
> Whenever I double-click over a page in Table of Contents
> Texmacs jumps to that page. Here is my question:
>
> [Q] How can I jump back to the Table of Contents??

You would have to modify the section macros to:

1. produce labels in the table of contents
2. wrap the title text in hyperlinks to these labels

Actually one can come up with a solution wich does not involve
modifing the distribution files. But since that may be of general
interest, it would be better to include the change in the
distribution.

The problem I see with that approach is that I would like to keep the
"double-click on section title" behaviour to fold nested sections
(I have an experimental package with does that on my computer).

> TeXmacs help documents provide this navigational capability via
> "Browse Back" or "Browse forward" buttons located on the toolbar.
>
> I would love this functionality extended to ordinary TeXmacs buffers.

The browsing capability of help buffers is quite different than what
you want. It allows to browse through a "history of documents", which
is technically quite different from browsing through a "history of
locations" as you seem to expect.

Maybe implementing that feature would indeed be cleaner than the other
proposed solution.

Additional discussion of that feature should go to the developer
mailing list: address@hidden

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org