Re: kill yr mice: use shortcuts! :)

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: kill yr mice: use shortcuts! :)
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:10:50 +0100

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 08:57:11PM +0100, Kasper Souren wrote:
> I'd like to be able to use TeXmacs without using a mouse (or actually my
> touchpads and the nipple-thingy on my laptop, since using mice causes
> RSI-like symptoms in my arms). But unless I have been overlooking something
> once again, it seems impossible to use keyboard shortcuts to navigate
> through
> the menu.
>
> I would like to be able to access all the menu functions with shortcuts,
> just
> like in standard KDE (and Windows..) applications. If the icon functions
> would also be accessible it would kick even more ass.
>
> A simple begin would be the possibility of clicking the right mouse button
> just once in order to navigate the menu.

I approve this whish wholeheartedly. Too bad I do not have the time to
do it myself...

I am currently working full time on a laptop and though I got an
external mouse, I have come to appreciate software which do not
require me to use those clumsy devices.

> For the rest, I think TeXmacs is great, et en plus, it's becoming greater!
> When starting my PhD half a year ago I was afraid I had to dive into
> LaTeX...
> :)

Thanks for the feedback. We are working hard on it.

If you want to give us something back you can donate money, help on
the documentation, answer to user questions, or contribute code (in
order of increasing difficulty). All contributions are greatly
appreciated... we have so many user wishes and so few programmers.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org