Re: BibTex Question

  • From: Parrenin Frédéric <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: BibTex Question
  • Date: 04 Feb 2003 10:01:47 +0100

Le lun 03/02/2003 à 22:56, Sören Blom a écrit :
> I'm relativly new to TeXmacs, but I like it more every time I use it and
> it continues to replace my LyX/LaTeX environment.
>
> Searching through this mailing list was helpful in several instances,
> but what I can't figure out is how to sucessfully integrate a bibtex
> file into my tm-Document.
>
> I try to insert a bibliography, select style=plain and enter the
> filename ("bib.bib"). The result is always that I get an empty
> bibliography (even after "refreshing"). I tried it with absolute path,
> the filename without the ".bib" and other things.

Sören,

I also use texmacs 1.0.1 on mandrake 9.0 and I have no problem to insert
a bibliography.

There is a small explanation on the user manual (help>Manual>automatic
generation ...).
You have to cite each entry that you want to appear in your bibliography
(visible or invisible citation).
Moreover, I have remarked that you have to update 3 times your
bibliography so that all changes will be really made.

Joris, is there a real need for that feature ?
I think it is a consequence of the use of bibtex, but I imagine we can
compile the three times in once in texmacs.

Frédéric

--
Frederic Parrenin
LEGOS