Re: Howto Modify headers and footers

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Howto Modify headers and footers
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:04:24 +0100

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:48:32AM +0100, Patrick CARDONA wrote:
[...]
> and because I've changed my computer to a newer one, I can now use
> TexMacs with a good velocity and It makes me very happy.

I am glad to read that. I hope you advertise to other teachers.

> Well, this is my first question :
>
> In LaTeX, I could change headers ans footers with fancy package in the
> preamble section. Howto to do this in Texmacs ?
> My wishes are :
> - the same header in even and odd pages ;
> - a pretty hrule under the header ;
> - a copyright mention in the footer.

You can find a lot of discussion (and a package I designed) about this
on the mailing list archive.

http://listes.hautesavoie.net/wws/arc/texmacs-users

(then click on the "I am not a spammer" button)

Try searching for keywords "header" and "footer".

> This is my second question :
> I need to write number lines - a five increment - in the margin of some
> paragraph to make it easier for related questions. Do you now a function
> to make it in TexMacs ?

You can use undocumented primitives decorate-atoms and decorate-lines
for this. Decorate-atoms applies a macro on every soft (hyphenated)
line and (I suppose) decorate-lines applies a macro on ever hard
(paragraph) line.

You can grep in the distribution .ts files for examples of use of
decorate-atoms. (grep datoms)

> My third question (perhaps no matter with TexMacs ???) :
> I must send copies of my courses too people who don't use Linux
> stations - an orthophonist who deals with deaf pupiles. So I think that
> a pdf version would be great. But I can't success to convert ps files to
> pdf : the result is a lot of blank pages ! Is there anything related to
> the fonts used with texmacs ???

There was also a lot of previous discussion on the mailing about that.
PS file created by TeXmacs are converted to PDF wich is rendered very
poorly by Acrobat Reader (because TeXmacs export Type3 fonts).

Apart from that, the fonts are included in the document and I do not
know of any situation when the converted PDF has 'blank pages'.

--
David Allouche | GNU TeXmacs -- Writing is a pleasure
Free software engineer | http://www.texmacs.org