Re: Howto Modify headers and footers - numbered lines

  • From: Patrick CARDONA <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Howto Modify headers and footers - numbered lines
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 21:07:47 +0100

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 12:30:09PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > > This is my second question :
> > > I need to write number lines - a five increment - in the margin of some
> > > paragraph to make it easier for related questions. Do you now a function
> > > to make it in TexMacs ?
> >
> > You can use undocumented primitives decorate-atoms and decorate-lines
> > for this. Decorate-atoms applies a macro on every soft (hyphenated)
> > line and (I suppose) decorate-lines applies a macro on ever hard
> > (paragraph) line.
> >
> > You can grep in the distribution .ts files for examples of use of
> > decorate-atoms. (grep datoms)
>
> I am not sure that this is the easiest way to do this.
> I have the impression that it suffices to create
> some kind of modified enumeration macro; am I right?

Well, I found something like this in automatic.ts (toc-dots, index-dots and
glossary-dots) but I dont understand how I should modify the things to obtain
numbered lines. I'm really a beginer in all this... Can you explain a little
more how things work or where they are much explained ?
And you, Joris, may you please give us an example of such a modified macro ?
Thank you for your attention.
Bye
Patrick Cardona