Re: greek text

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: greek text
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:58:13 +0100 (MET)

> It is well known that, in TeXmacs, using the option
> Format/Name/Foreign/Greek of the menu, someone can write in Greek. But
> there is a problem namely the accents (tonos). I cannot find
> combinations of keys that produce vowels with accent. Does someone know
> something about it? How can I fix this problem?

Unfortunately, the Greek language is not yet supported.
Although we do have the complete dictionary for menus and such,
we encountered several problems with the Greek font encodings in TeX/LaTeX.
As usual, they use completely non-standard conventions,
and one either has to redesign the fonts in a standard encoding,
or improve the TeXmacs font system. Hopefully, I will get to
the second solution sometime soon (for other reasons too),
but my task list is very long. Some work has been started to
implement the first solution, but this has not been finished.

  • greek text, glenn, 02/13/2003
    • Re: greek text, Joris van der Hoeven, 02/13/2003