Re: A idea about "executable readmes"

  • From: michael graffam <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: A idea about "executable readmes"
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:40:28 -0800 (PST)

--- address@hidden wrote:
> I think that may be a pop up message (like the one
> in "generating
> fonts") can be less intrusive and leave the document
> intact.
>
> What do you think?

It'd be great for the situation you're thinking of..
but what about when you WANT the output in the
document?

Furthermore, the pop-ups that you're thinking of may
not be able to display TeXmacs format material.
So if a command or function wants to generate a
TeXmacs table from an ASCII text file full of data it
might be awkward to get that info back into the
document.

The solution that I would recommend for your usage is
to encapsulate your shell commands in a wrapper that
pops its own dialog with xmessage or xdialog or
something.