Re: Using TeXmacs for Presentations

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Using TeXmacs for Presentations
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:03:19 +0200

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 10:38:40PM +0200, Peter Koepke wrote:
> Dear TeXmacs community,
>
> I have been using TeXmacs since the beginning of this year and it
> has become my standard tool for writing maths and other texts. This
> is superb software which puts into practice ideas which other have
> thought to be impossible to implement. Thanks for the ingeneous
> concept and the effort!!

Thanks for the cheers.

> I would like to present my mathematical texts directly in lectures
> and talks. Since I am using GNOME, I can use the presentation mode.
> By adjusting the paper size, I can make one page fit exactly into my
> laptops screen.

Use "automatic" page type instead.

> If I had a key combination, by which the text would move exactly one
> page up or down, this would give me a perfect slide show of the
> lecture, without printing into ps, opening gv etc. Also corrections
> could be done within the presentation mode.
>
> Can somebody give me a scheme-command, which will implement moving
> exactly one page up or down?

You do not want a command to move up or down one page. And actually, I
am not even sure TeXmacs has this.

Probably you want to use the "switch" structure and some tools to
easily convert to and from switches.

The idea would be this:

(tree->object (the-buffer)) => the buffer content as a scheme object

Build a list of (document ...) where each document is the content of
one slide.

set the buffer to:
`(document (hide_expand "switch" "" (tuple ,@list-of-document)))

move the position to inside the switch, a the path may be '(0 1 0)

(switch-select 1)

NOTE: switch-select is defined in edit-fold.scm and is private, so you
would have either to copy the definition in your code, or
(inherit-modules (texmacs edit edit-fold)).

Sorry for the complicated answer... I have a some experimental code
which does some complicated construction and browsing of switches, but
it depends on outdated function names and it is quite big.

--
-- ddaa