Re: Why not make large brackets the default?

  • From: Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Why not make large brackets the default?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:07:08 +0200

The question should not be: "How often is the algorithm incorrect" - which
might be 40% (from personal experience, I doubt that, but probably I'm not
that picky), but "How often do users actually manually resize the
parentheses" - which would probably be around 1% (or even less - I guess I'm
not the only one who never even thought about it...)

And without manual fine-tuning, the automatic parens are definitely the
better
choice.

--
______________________Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>

Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
Institut für Theoretische Physik III
Staudtstr. 7 ... D-91058 Erlangen ... Room No. U1.526
Tel: +49 9131 / 85-28816 ... Mobile: +49 179 / 7475199