Re: [TeXmacs] compilation problem

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: "Joris van der Hoeven" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] compilation problem
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:36:14 +0100 (CET)

Joris van der Hoeven

>> Guile/Scheme/evaluate.cpp: In function `void initialize_guile()':
[...lots of errors trimmed out]

> I don't understand this problem very well; there do not seem to be much
> essential differences between versions 1.0.2.4 and 1.0.2.5 from the Guile
> point of view... In any case, please check whether the following works:
>
> ./configure --with-freetype=no
> make
>
> If I understand it well, everything builds fine with version 1.0.2.4 and
> the same version of Guile?

I had this same kind of error with earlier versions too, just after upgrading
from debian woody (the stable flavour) to testing (which main difference is,
as far as i know, using gcc 3.3.2 instead of well known gcc 2.95).

Anyway, i tried with the option you suggested: (see configure.log in
attachment)
and then

make

and (see compile-errors.log in attachment) i get essentially the same errors
as before.

Computers are like air conditioners:
they stop working properly when you open Windows...