Re: [TeXmacs] compilation problem

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] compilation problem
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 12:51:38 +0100

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 04:05:12PM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > My bet is this a problem with TeXmacs and recent guile releases.
> >
> > Here, there is no problem building with guile 1.4.
> >
> > david@ws24047:~/texmacs/texmacs-catchup-build$ guile-config --version
> > guile-config - Guile version 1.4
>
> I am a bit perplex, because I cannot reproduce this problem,
> nor with gcc 3.3.2/guile 1.4.1, nor with gcc 3.3.2/guile 1.6.4...

I have investigated this a little bit more. It appeared that the build
system was broken. Only the system directories were looked for guile
headers (because of a misuse of the -I- flag to gcc).

Actually, the first compilation error should be something like "unable
to include <libguile.h> in object.hpp".

There is a patch on Savannah to completely disable the use of this flag
(which only provides more safety, where it is applicable, and it is no
longer applicable in TeXmacs).

Hopefully this will get in 1.0.2.6 and fix these compilation problems.

--
-- ddaa