Re: [TeXmacs] compilation problem

  • From: "P.L.Hayes" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] compilation problem
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:58:53 +0000

On Monday 03 November 2003 16:00, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> I don't understand this problem very well; there do not seem to be much
> essential differences between versions 1.0.2.4 and 1.0.2.5 from the Guile
> point of view... In any case, please check whether the following works:
>
> ./configure --with-freetype=no
> make
>
> If I understand it well, everything builds fine with version 1.0.2.4 and
> the same version of Guile?

I happen to have Debian 'testing' on one box and Mandrake 9.1 on another and
on the Mandrake box I updated gcc to gcc-3.3.1 from the cooker some time ago
and I built TeXmacs on that box a few days ago without encountering this
error.

Earlier today I checked out my Debian box and found that it still has
gcc-3.3.1 (I haven't done an upgrade for a while) so having read this thread
I thought I'd try to build TeXmacs on that box too and it worked!

So my guess is that the problem is with gcc-3.3.2.

I don't know where the old Debian testing gcc-3.3.1 can be found but the
Mandrake cooker still has the 3.3.1 rpms.

Paul.