texmacs and latex export

  • From: "Charles James Leonardo Quarra Cappiello" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: texmacs and latex export
  • Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 03:52:20 -0400

Hi there,

thinking a bit some more about the whole psfrag/latex issue, it would be interesting that one could customize the way some texmacs objects are exported into latex. For example, i want that eps images are exported, instead as /epsfig commands, as /includegraphicx, or that size of the eps could be exported as an embedding /resizebox command. I know that i can insert latex code inside the document with `\`, but in the particular case of images, it would not load the image inside the document.

I know that texmacs is not designed to be compatible with latex, but as an alternative to it, but there is also the reverse side of the coin: in the long run, texmacs will have all the features of latex and it wont matter anymore, but in the meantime, it would make a good deal of sense to have the ability to use latex export as a solution to some features that arent still supported, without giving up most of the document creation inside texmacs

cheers!

  • texmacs and latex export, Charles James Leonardo Quarra Cappiello, 11/07/2003