Re: [TeXmacs] Exporting to HTML

  • From: Philippe Audebaud <address@hidden>
  • To: Jan Ulrich Hasecke <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs Users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Exporting to HTML
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:27:02 +0100

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 04:51:25PM +0100, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> Philippe Audebaud <address@hidden> schrieb:
>
> > So, please send a mail with the display from a terminal of what
> > TeXmacs is
> > complainging for. With luck, I've the solution already prepared for
> > you
> > (without recompiling TeXmacs, of course).
>
> TeXmacs] Loading corktounicode
> TeXmacs] Loading cork-unicode-oneway
> TeXmacs] Loading tmuniversaltounicode
> ERROR: In procedure string-append:
> ERROR: Wrong type argument (expecting STRINGP): xmlns:x

this is the same error as mine, since a long time ago...

> > Also, since this problem seems not to arise equally for everybody,
> > I'd be curious to know also which version of guile you are
> > using. For that purpose, open a scheme session and run '(version)'.
>
> "1.6.4"

yes ! So my hypothesis is that guile is not equally able to deal with symbols
in places where strings are expected depending on its version.

As a matter of consequence, something could be wrong for 1.6.x which did not
arise as such for 1.4.X ?

Anyway, I investigated for the source of trouble and found that there are a
lot of type inconsistencies in the file 'TeXmacs/progs/convert/html/html.scm'
wrt building attribute lists '(@ ...)'. A very simple workaround which works
fine with me consist in replacing the function 'htmlout-tag' from the file
'TeXmacs/progs/convert/html/htmlout.scm' by:

(define (htmlout-tag x)
(let* ((tag (car x))
(attr (if (symbol? tag) (symbol->string tag) tag))
(val (cadr x)))
(output-text " " attr "=")
(output-verbatim "\"" val "\"")))

So, tell me first whether that small patch is working fine for you ?

Best,
--
Philippe Audebaud