Exporting to HTML

  • From: Javier Arántegui Jiménez <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Exporting to HTML
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:57:49 +0100

Hello,

I must export a 10 page TeXmacs document to HTML. The document has several
fig
and ps graphics and many equations. The HTML webpage(s) must be opened
correctly by IExplorer.

I thought that I could export it using TeXmacs because I wouldn't have to do
it in the next weeks. But, today I learn that the webpage will be need the
next monday. So, I need some help in the next points:

a) Is there any way to export the document using TeXmacs? I can't do it but
maybe it is a problem with my system. Perhaps I should use a LiveCD (like
LiveZope) to do it, do you know if exporting to HTML works better with any of
these live distributions?

b) If there wasn't any way to do it directly, what would be the best way of
action? Should I try to export it to LaTex? I tried it but I didn't get any
decent result.

c) My third option is to write the HTML page by hand. I'm ready to do it if
there is no other way. But, in this case, how can I put the equations? The
standard way is to use GIFs but the equations look quite ugly and there are a
lot of problems with small characters. Any idea?

d) I know that there is a Java applet to view Fig files <http://
tech-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/applets/jfig/applet.html>. Is there
anything similar but to draw ps figures? I know I can convert them to
bitmaps, it's just to save time.

Thank you very much for your time,

Javier