Install & configure

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Install & configure
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 00:09:33 +0100 (CET)

Two obstacles have presented while trying to get TeXmacs fully operational in
cygwin on Win2kPro and also WinXPhome. Problems appear the same in
openbox and fvwm. I would appreciate assistance to resolve these.

1) After TeXmacs loads, choose any route similar to [Document][Font][Text
Font] and TeXmacs crashes. Last load indicated is 'long.vfn' with
residual message, "Bad virtual font format in 'load_virtual'"

2) A different sequence produces "Wrong type argument in 1:#f" If I can get
through the first problem, I can get more detail on this problem.

These errors remain after several reloads to get cygwin and TeXmacs in the
right places and at least rudimentary function. All pieces of the latest
cygwin were installed, except "ghostscript" per instructions.

Any hints on openbox would be appreciated too.
Thanks {new to cygwin, novice unix, novice emacs, grey hair from MS}, Tom