Re: [TeXmacs] Simple Macro

  • From: Jeremy Cowgar <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Simple Macro
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:05:55 -0500

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 14:33, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I have been trying to make my own style by looking around in
> /usr/share/TeXmacs. I copied the article.ts and placed it in
> $HOME/.TeXmacs/styles and have tried to build from there but keep
> running into dead ends.
>
> I just wish to add a couple of macros right now to my new style,
> sermon.ts ... Can anyone give me a simple example of how to add a macro
> to my new style? Say something like:
>
> \scripture<CR>
> body of scripture<RIGHT-ARROW><CR>
>
> I could then figure out from there how to take something like that and
> format it actually how I want it (in a table w/borders, indented on both
> sides, etc...).

Ok, I don't know if this means I should post sooner or later, but it
seems that once I post I have breakthroughs. Anyway, I finally got a
style to appear on the menu, and I even got my package to appear on the
menu. The problem I am experiencing now is that I cannot seem to figure
out how to include the package into the style. My package works just
fine if I select Use Package, Sermon, sermon-base but it does not work
by just saying Document, Style, Sermon. Here is what I have:

$HOME/.TeXmacs/styles/sermon.ts:
----------
<TeXmacs|1.0.3.2>

<\body>

<assign|sermon-style|1.0>

\;

<\initial>
<\collection>
<associate|page-even|1in>
<associate|page-reduce-bot|0.3in>
<associate|page-reduce-right|0.7in>
<associate|page-reduce-left|0.7in>
<associate|page-type|letter>
<associate|page-top|1in>
<associate|page-right|1in>
<associate|par-width|6.5in>
<associate|page-odd|1in> <associate|page-bot|1in>
<associate|language|english> <associate|page-reduce-top|0.3in>
</collection>
</initial>
----------

$HOME/.TeXmacs/packages/sermon/sermon-base.ts
----------
<TeXmacs|1.0.3>

<\body>
<assign|sermon-base-package|1.0>

<assign|sermon-base-dtd|1.0>

\;

<assign|me|<person|Jeremy Cowgar>>

\;

<\initial>
<\collection>
<associate|preamble|true>
<associate|page-even|30mm>
<associate|page-reduce-bot|15mm>
<associate|page-reduce-right|25mm>
<associate|page-reduce-left|25mm>
<associate|sfactor|4>
<associate|page-type|a4>
<associate|page-top|30mm>
<associate|page-right|30mm>
<associate|par-width|150mm>
<associate|page-odd|30mm>
<associate|page-bot|30mm>
<associate|page-reduce-top|15mm>
</collection>
</initial>

Why is my package not being included when I choose Document, Style,
Sermon ?

Thanks!

Jeremy