RE: [TeXmacs] swiss keyboard [fwd]

  • From: "Riccardo Ferrari" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Texmacs-Users" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: RE: [TeXmacs] swiss keyboard [fwd]
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:10:36 +0100

> > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Dominique Eckert wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > I'm from Geneva, Switzerland and I'm a Linux TeXmacs user. I tried to
> > > install TeXmacs for Windows, and the configuration of the keyboard is
> > > for a US keyboard, so it's very difficult to use for me (for example
> > > when I type "\", "<" appears on the screen). This problem
> doesn't happen
> > > on the Linux version of TeXmacs. Could you tell me how to change this,
> > > or give me a patch?
> > > Thank you very much and best regards,
> > > Dominique Eckert

I managed to properly configure my italian keyboard using setxkbmap. It is a
command located in cygwin/usr/X11R6/bin, but the documentation is
cygwin/etc/X11/xkb/README.config. I think that using something like

"setxkbmap -rules xfree86 -layout fr_CH"

you may have success. If you know your keyboard model (e.g pc104) you can
add the switch "-model pc104".

Saluti (=bye)

Riccardo Ferrari

  • swiss keyboard [fwd], Andreas Seidl, 02/25/2004
    • RE: [TeXmacs] swiss keyboard [fwd], Riccardo Ferrari, 02/25/2004