Re: [TeXmacs] Nested enumeration

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Nested enumeration
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:08:37 +0100

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 06:04:15PM +0100, Jan Alboszta wrote:
> Hello
> I'm looking for some way to use enumeration like
>
> 1
> 1.1
> 1.2
> 2
> etc.
>
> I found that in plain LaTeX it would be renewing labelenumii. But as far
> as I read std-list.ts I can't see tip.
> All enumeration uses itemnr variable, and I don't know how to access
> itemnr form "parent" enumeration.

As a matter of fact, the current definition of "enumerate-base" does not
make this possible. The issue is that the numbering of nesting lists is
preserved using the scoping feature of the WITH primitive, and there is
not way to access parent scopes (and it is correct not to be able to do
so).

> I don't "feel" the .ts language. So even if I think about variable like
> parent-itemnr I'm not sure when initialize it, how increase it when the
> right itemnr increases.

I think the correct way would be to have std-list.ts initialize a
"nesting-itemnr" to an empty TUPLE, and "enumerate-base" would extend it
using the MERGE primitive. Then the "num" parameter to "newenumerate"
could iterate over "nesting-itemnr".

> So I'm asking if someone had thought about such enumeration before and had
> done something like that

It looks like the answer is no. I am going to make a patch for this.

--
-- ddaa