(accent) input inconsistency?

  • From: Ondrej Pacovsky <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: (accent) input inconsistency?
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:15:11 +0100

Hello, I have some problems with understanding the texmacs keyboard input in math mode. It behaves differently under slightly different conditions (where I would strongly expect the same behaviour):

1) escaping from the accent (at the end of math block)
When I write, e.g. characters with vector accent, the Right key does not always work as I expect:

S-M-v a Right --> we escape from the accent but are still in the math block (as expected)
S-M-v A Right --> out of whole math block(!)
S-F5 I S-M-v a Right --> out, too
So I have to do Left (step out) and Right (back again, but not under the accent anymore)

2) multiline math blocks (S-$ continued on next line with ENTER)
Let's say I have a math block continued with ENTER (-> 2-line math block)
In the last block, I entered "a_0" (A with subscript 0)

moving into the block from Left moves cursor (and so input) inside the subscript - unlike the single-line math block, where it (correctly, I would say) moves the cursor behind the a_0 (not inside the subscipt block)

This behaviour makes blindfold writing very difficult. Isn't it a bug?
thanks, Ondrej