Re: [TeXmacs] (accent) input inconsistency?

  • From: Ondrej Pacovsky <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] (accent) input inconsistency?
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:54:21 +0200

David Allouche wrote:
On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:15:11AM +0100, Ondrej Pacovsky wrote:

2) multi-line math blocks (S-$ continued on next line with ENTER)
Let's say I have a math block continued with ENTER  (-> 2-line math block)
In the last block, I entered "a_0" (A with subscript 0)

I have no idea about the problems you describe with math mode editing,

And have you tried the 1) in your environent? It's easy to try..
but there is one sure I am confident in: the inline math environment
(created by [$], not [S-$], btw) is not intended to be used that way.

If you want multi-paragraph maths you should probably be using
"Equations" (or eqnarray). You should be able to find more info about
the different math environments in the manual.

Eventually, the inline math will use logical markup (instead of the
current usage of low-level markup) and the editor will know that this
markup must not be used to contain multi-paragraph text, just not now.

Ok, does this mean that I shouldn't use [enter] in [$] math environment? Why is it binded then?

thanks, Ondrej