Re: [TeXmacs] Problems with directories with spaces

  • From: David Allouche <address@hidden>
  • To: Texmacs-Users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Problems with directories with spaces
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:41:36 +0100

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 09:47:12AM +0100, Javier Arántegui Jiménez wrote:
> Although I don't know a word about programming, I suppose that TeXmacs
> sends
> the following command:
>
> fig2ps /home/javier/Documentos/Practicas planta
> piloto/03-04/curva_secado.fig
> whatever.ps
>
> Probably, if TeXmacs sent:
>
> fig2ps "/home/javier/Documentos/Practicas planta
> piloto/03-04/curva_secado.fig" whatever.ps
>
> or
>
> fig2ps /home/javier/Documentos/Practicas\ planta\
> piloto/03-04/curva_secado.fig" whatever.ps
>
> the problem would be solved.

I have not digged out the specifics, but that seems likely to me.

The whole sub-process handling in texmacs used to be wrong wrong: using
the "system()" call with a somewhat hapazard quoting, sometimes. The
thing changed from wrong to completely insane during the integration of
some win32-related patches.

I have a patch trying to clean things up in my tree (though it does not go
as far as make fig2ps work with filenames containing spaces), but its
merging on the mainline was stalled w/o much explication about what to
change...

In a nutshell: do not do that.

--
-- ddaa