Re: [TeXmacs] How to add a new math enviornment in TeXmacs?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Xiliang LIU <address@hidden>
  • Cc: <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to add a new math enviornment in TeXmacs?
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:37:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Xiliang LIU wrote:
> Can anyone give me a step-by-step instruction to add a new math environment
> in TeXmacs?
> It is very easy in Latex, say I want to add a theorem-like environment
> called assumption.
> thus I can use \newtheorm{assumption}{Assumption}. However the teXmacs
> manual does not
> give sufficient details as how I can do the same thing.

This will soon be documented in detail. From TeXmacs-1.0.3.5 on,
you should type \new-theorem followed by return and do as in LaTeX.
Put the \new-theorem command in the start of your document,
or in a style file/package of your own.

> Another problem with me is that the numbering for the enviornments in
> texmacs are always
> wrong, it uses one single counter for all types of enviornments while I
> want to use different
> counter for different enviornments. Is there anyone got the same problem
> and how to solve
> that problem?

Just select the number-europe package from

Document -> Use package -> Customize

(again in TeXmacs-1.0.3.5).