1.0.3.9: Problems, more problems and a solution

  • From: Javier Arántegui Jiménez <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: 1.0.3.9: Problems, more problems and a solution
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:19:08 +0200

Hello,

I have just received the message form Freshmeat saying that there was a new
version of TeXmacs. Rapidly I downloaded and installed it (rpm). I was very
anxious because there was a annoying bug in the last version (1.0.3.8).

I opened one of my documents to find that the default margins have gone
crazy,
especially a huuuge up margin. This document has several linked files, it has
more than 70 linked png files (screenshots and scanned pages).

I have found as well problems with some PNG images, the scanned pages:

pnmtopng: fatal libpng error: PNG file corrupted by ASCII conversion
pngtopnm: setjmp returns error condition
pnmtops: EOF / read error reading magic number

These files are black-and-white PNG (colour deep: 1 bpp).

The strangest part is that I tested this version with another document (120
pages, more than 20 linked files, lots of equations and figures) and
everything works fine. The best is that the problem with the problem
numbering is solved.

Both documents use book style.

Any hint?

Javier

  • 1.0.3.9: Problems, more problems and a solution, Javier Arántegui Jiménez, 05/17/2004